- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, about 1 medium stalk of broccoli
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, or gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger, or 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon honey, (omit for Whole30)
- In a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up chunks, until no longer pink.
- While the beef cooks, whisk together the sauce ingredients: coconut aminos, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, ginger, beef broth, and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the beef is finished cooking, push it to one side of the skillet and add the garlic and onions. (Add more coconut oil here if you need to) Sauté the garlic and onions for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the sauce and broccoli to the skillet and stir to combine with the ground beef mixture. Bring the sauce to a simmer, and cook the broccoli for 3-4 minutes or until it’s tender, stirring occasionally. Serve hot over cauliflower rice.